Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump for President, 2016

Marri Hall, Staff Writer

On November 8, 2016, the United States will elect a new president. This might be the fiercest election yet. Donald Trump (Republican party) and Hillary Clinton (Democratic party) are going head to head, fighting for president.

When Hillary Clinton first said she was running for president, she promised to be a champion of middle-class Americans if she made it into the White House.  Hillary Clinton says that she will “Close corporate tax loopholes and make sure the millionaires and billionaires can’t pay lower rates than middle-class families. Donald Trump’s vision on taxes is to reduce them all across the board and cut government spending.

On education, according to Donald Trump’s presidential website, Trump wants an additional federal investment of $20 billion towards school choice such as charter schools. Hillary Clinton’s vision for education is to make sure that every child has access to a world-class education, including access to a high-quality community preschool.

Both have ideas for defeating ISIS. Donald Trump plans to “achieve a stable peaceful world with less conflict and more common ground.” And Hillary Clinton says her plan is “harden our defenses and build our resilience at home.”

Daughter of Hugh E. Rodman and Dorothy Howell Rodman, Hillary Clinton was born October 26, 1947. She was born in Chicago and raised in a suburban town in Park Ridge, Illinois. She graduated from Yale Law School in 1973. She married former president Bill Clinton in 1975 and in 1980, gave birth to her daughter Chelsea. She has been in politics for thirty years, serving as a Senator and Secretary of State.

Son of Frederick Trump and Elizabeth Christ, Donald Trump was born June 14, 1946. Born and raised in Queens, New York, he is a business man specializing in real estate. Donald Trump had three children with wife Ivana: Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka, and Eric and married wife Melania in 2005.

Both candidates are working very hard to get into the White House. Campaigning has been going on for over a year, and all three debates were intense with both candidates attacking the others’ plans and character. Trump and Clinton have plans and ideas to prove that they are worthy enough to be the president of the United States, but America will just have to wait and see who the people choose on November 8.

As for MMS,  25 eighth grade Ignite students were asked which candidate they supported.  One student is for Donald Trump, 14 are for Hillary Clinton, and 10 said they support neither candidate.

Where do you stand?

Which candidate do you support?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...