Predator: The hunt has evolved

Ozias Covington, Staff Writer

September 14, The Predator makes its fourth installment in a science fiction series that has been getting over 5 stars since the first movie, which was released in 1987. The film is projected to earn $30 million in its opening weekend.

The basic story of this new movie is that a young boy accidentally triggers the return of the universe’s most dangerous hunters, but only a crew of ex-soldiers and a science teacher can stop the end of the human race.

Those unfamiliar with the series will be able to enjoy the movie on its own, but there are a few links to the previous movies: the spear from Predator 2, Lex’s Alien tail spear from Alien vs. Predator, and several photos from the first two movies.

John Davis, producer, says that the film is fresh and re-imagines the series in a “different, interesting way.”

Chief-executive-officer of 20th Century Fox, Stacey Snider, says about the script, “We’ve got a Predator film coming out that is unexpected and utterly fresh. I just imagined that it would take 500 hours to read the script — that it would be interior jungle, exterior more jungle and then fighting happens, but…from the first page, it didn’t read like a Predator film. It’s set in suburbia.”

The cast includes Boyd Holbrook (from Logan), Trevante Rhodes (from Moonlight)Jacob Tremblay (known for Wonder and Room), Olivia Munn (from X-Men and Ocean’s 8), and Keegan-Michael Key (of Key and Peele.) 

Pullquote Photo

“What’s on the ship?”   ‘”I think you know what’s on the ship…the ultimate predator.””

Previous Predator films earned IMDB ratings of  6.5/10 and a Rotten Tomatoes recommendation percentage of 65%.

The film was written and directed by Shane Black, whose most recent work was Iron Man 3.

Henry Jackman made the music for the movie.  He has also done the soundtracks for Kong: Skull Island, X-Men: First Class, Wreck-It Ralph, Puss in Boots, Captain Phillips, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, and several other films and video games. 

The film was originally scheduled for a March 2018 release, and the date has been moved back twice.  Fans of the series are eager for the film’s release.  The movie is rated R for violence, language, and sexual references.

Look for the ultimate and most dangerous hunter in the universe on September 14.  YOU’LL NEVER SEE HIM COMING.

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Staff and students taste seasonal Oreo flavors

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Weird laws: Reasonable or just straight up crazy?

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Eminem’s new album Kamikaze

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Apples, Apples, APPLES Everywhere!

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Hamilton sold out six weeks of shows in Cleveland

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Are your Zodiac sign traits accurate?

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

The Bestselling Book The Hate U Give

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Checkin’ out chips: A taste test of five unusual flavors

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

The life story of Bobby Brown captured in a new movie

• Predator: The hunt has evolved

Arts and Entertainment

Online shopping taking over

Predator: The hunt has evolved