The amazing and enthusiastic Mr. Lammert

Avery Fish, Staff Writer

There are four teachers on the Innovator team in seventh grade: intelligent Mrs. Bond, caring Mrs. Bartram, funny Mr. Wojo… and Mr. Lammert. His odd way of teaching science and his enthusiastic personality steal the favorite spot for many of the students. 

Some activities Mr. Lammert enjoys doing in class while his students are hard at work are screaming, standing on tables, making animal noises, throwing rocks, catching paper on fire, making paper airplanes, creating his own language, and messing with students. Students will never forget the very odd and diverse list of onomatopoeias Mr. Lammert shared on a daily basis.

“I use sound effects for a way to get kids’ attention,” says Mr. Lammert. “It’s a way to connect with kids and to have them feel more comfortable.” 

Mr. Lammert says that he hopes that his outgoing personality is infectious for other students. He expresses that some kids might be having a bad day, so his class is a time for them to be happy. His odd ways cheer up students. 

Mr. Lammert likes to have fun with his students but he does know when enough is enough. “When the conversation has turned to an unrelated topic, I know it’s time to get back to work,”  says Mr. Lammert. He also states that each class is different, and he knows what classes can handle certain things. 

According to Mr. Lammert, his class is a time for kids to relax and have a bit of fun. “Other classes are very stressful for students and so I made my class less intimidating for the sake of my students.”

When he was asked what inspired him to become a science teacher, he says it was because in the past, all throughout high school and college, he was outside and in nature. “Every summer and every break was spent in Canada, canoeing, camping, and other outdoorsy things.” He uses this love of nature as the adviser of Astronomy Club, too.

Other activities he enjoys are biking for exercise and playing in a band. “Playing my drum set is good mental exercise. It’s a way to shut out the world around me and relax.” 

All in all, Mr. Lammert is an outgoing teacher with a personality that rubs off on others. His manner around the classroom is quite different but he knows how to have students succeed in his class. 

• The amazing and enthusiastic Mr. Lammert

Human Interest

Mrs. Saunders Brings the Strange to Team Hele

Human Interest

Lex, The Magician

• Human Interest

Signora Marotta in 40th Year

Human Interest

Math + Mrs. Golem = Awesome

Human Interest

Student Teacher Hired for Mayfield Schools District

Human Interest

The One and Only: Mr. Carlson

Human Interest

Why Do Teachers Choose To be Teachers?

Human Interest

Danita Harris: An Amazing Anchor on News Channel Five

Human Interest

Dewey, The Most Interesting Dog To Ever Live

Human Interest

The Teacher Everyone Knows (And Loves): Mrs. Trentanelli