It’s Official: Skittles Are Better Than M&M’s

Vince Ferrante, Staff Writer

There is nothing better than sitting in the hot sun with some M&M’s in your hand. Oh wait there is. Skittles are a lot better than that melted nasty chocolate in your hand that we call M&M’s. Skittles are more flavorful than M&M’s by far because it is fruity and M&M’s are pure warm melted chocolate.

Skittles have more varieties of flavors as the colors change. M&M’s are just boring. The colors are different, but the flavor is the exact same thing. It makes you more happy knowing that you will get a different flavor each time. It is so sad when you know that you will get the same exact flavor over and over with M&M’s. They are so repetitive.

With Skittles, you can make more types of flavors that are actually good. With M&M’s, you can only get different types of chocolate which is basically the same exact thing as regular M&M’s. For example, there are M&M’s with peanuts and pretzels, which is different, but is kind of boring and do not really go well in candy. With Skittles, however, you can get different packs which include different flavors. Some flavors packs include tropical, wild berry, and about 30 more different types of Skittles.

Students at Mayfield Middle School were interviewed about which of the two candies they liked better. The majority said that they liked Skittles more than M&M’s. They believed that Skittles had more flavor, while M&M’s lacked flavor.

Sure, Skittles are probably just as unhealthy for you, but when you are eating candy, every option is unhealthy for you! Also as people get older, chocolate becomes more and more boring, since it is included in so many different foods. As humans, we need flavor to make eating more interesting and Skittles do just that. M&M’s…not so much.